Short Paper Two
Write a paper about race and how American films represent them using the course resources and addressing the questions below. The paper should be 2-3 pages, double space, 11-12 point font. Title pages, graphs, pictures and the “Films Mentioned” section will not count toward the length of the paper.
- Think about your own national, ethnic, or racial heritage. To what extent does it shape your personal identity? Share your thoughts.
- Choose at least two American films that represents your national, ethnic, racial heritage, or personal identity. One film should show this in a positive light and one film in a neutral or negative way. The films can come from any era or genre.
- Answer the following:
- How do the films depict your national, ethnic, racial heritage, or personal identity? Compare and contrast the films.
- Do the films help define or to construct a national identity and what is that national identity?
- Create a “Films Mentioned” section at the end of your paper and use the Style Guide found in the Syllabus content.